Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Classy Christmas

Thanks for the post from Noble Schultz
Just when I started to think that "The Office" had already "jumped the shark" and I missed it, they come out with an episode like "Classy Christmas" that keeps me on board to watch this show via satellite TV that I got after seeing this special offer from satellite 911. The episode revolves around branch manager Michael Scott's self-proclaimed soul mate, Holly, returning to the Scranton branch, but what makes this episode is the subplot involving a snowball fight between Dwight and Jim. I expected Jim to get the better of it in the end, but to my delight that never happens. After watching years of Jim torturing Dwight via pranks, it was nice to see the underdog giving Jim a taste of his own medicine. I know it won't last, but it was a much needed change considering how stale Jim's character has become since the moment he and Pam finally got married. I enjoyed all the inventive ways they had Dwight surprise Jim with a barrage of snowballs: exploding out of snowmen, dressing up as other employees and a fake gift supposedly given to him by his wife. The other funny part is how Erin, the receptionist, doesn't see what is so great about Holly and treats her like the wicked stepmother. I really enjoy the father-daughter dynamic the those two have and it should be a good resource for material in future episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment