Friday, November 11, 2011

The move

First of all, I sincerely apologize for neglecting my blog here lately. Life has been insane. I don't even know if I told you that I changed jobs! I didn't change jobs for way more money, but for MUCH better reasons.

1. Sales was stressing me out. I was so tired of being stressed about finances. Never knowing what was coming in was so hard to handle. I always managed to make it, but the stress between each paycheck was wearing me down.

2. I felt like i was stuck on a corporate ladder trying to climb up something that I didn't want to be on. I love to work, and I enjoy earning money and providing for my family, but I didn't want to do that forever so why was I working so hard?

3. I felt like I wasn't making a difference in anyones life. I know that sounds silly, but making a difference in the world is important to me and I didn't feel like I was doing that.

So I left that job. I am now the Director of Marketing for CrownTrace Villa in Hot Springs. It's a retirement community located in the heart of beautiful Hot Springs. I have fallen in love with these residents. They make such a difference in MY life, and i hope to get to provide some smiles in their life as well. The job has it's stresses for sure, but it's a breath of fresh air to do something that I love and to feel like I am making an impact in my community.

I also am on salary which means for the first time EVER I know what my paycheck is going to be. :) SUCH a relief! Doesn't mean that we don't all still have financial stresses, but a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

We also moved to a HOUSE. a real live house :) No more apartment living for us! HOORAY! Now that being said, it was sort of a hard decision.

We have always lived where a swimming pool was within a short walk if that. We have spent LOTS of summer days and nights laying by the pool which has been heavenly! But we also lived closer to shopping, gas stations, and restaurants so it was much easier to go spend money. Now, we live in the boondocks and there is no just running up the road for something quick. We have saved money for SURE! We live on 3.5 acres of land. Fun times :) LOTS of places to ride 4-wheelers. I am watching my daughter come alive in the beautiful nature that we live in. She is spending her afternoons running around the yard, chasing the cat, making piles of leaves to jump in, pulling her wagon---instead of running in to watch tv all afternoon.

Our rent went up $100 dollars. Which is SO against the rules. :) But we weighed it... and for us having nature right outside our door and having privacy was worth the extra $100 each month.

Lots of changes going on! Glad those are finally over with and we are settled into our new home and I am settling in to my new job.

With the move came lots of packing and lots of realiziations of how much STUFF we have. Stay tuned... i have big plans for all that "Stuff"

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment