Tuesday, December 27, 2011

As the new year approaches...

Well folks, we have already begun talking about our new years resolutions... but it seems as though I am CONSTANTLY adding to this list :) I told you about my financial new years resolutions in THIS post, but I failed to talk about my minimalistic resolutions.

I walked around my house this weekend when I was taking down all of my Christmas decorations and looked around at my "stuff". No matter how much I get rid of, there is always more to gain. No matter how much i want to not HAVE all of this STUFF... I do. So that got me thinking about New Years Resolutions in a minimalistic way.

While these resolutions may not be as cut and dry as my financial goals, they are still very real to me.

In 2012 I would like to accomplish the following:

1. I want to buy less. I do better each year, but still not good enough. I pray that I can be content with what I have and that I can fight urges to splurge.

2. I want to get rid of more. I want to downsize my closet, my cupboards, my storage building... I want to be content living on LESS!

3. I want to teach my daughter the value of a dollar. Whether that is going to be through an allowance, through having her pick items to donate, or what ... i haven't decided. But before 2012 ends, she will understand more about money.

4. I want to blog more about living on less. It keeps me accountible.

5. I want to give more. I want to give more money and more time to those less fortunate and those charities that NEED me.

6. I want to appreciate nature more. Sounds so silly doesn't it?But it's true. I get SO caught up in going, and doing, and hanging out with friends that I forget to appreciate the little things that are around me that GOD created for me to enjoy.

7. I want to spend more time reading. Granted I do read a lot as it is, but I want to spend more time reading.

There ya go. 7 Minimalistic Matthew's Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment